The Great Commission directs the church to announce Christ’s authority (the gospel – Mat 28:18; Rom 10:17), carry out its mission to proclaim this gospel and make disciples, and do this through baptism and teaching the Word of God (Mat 28:19-20; Col 1:28). The Church is called to focus on its mission and Jesus has prescribed the strategy and given us the tools (Acts 1:8; Eph 4:11-12). The Missions Ministry strives to find ways to facilitate mission involvement in our local body, particularly cross-culturally, where we see people brought to faith by hearing the gospel. We help to support new believers in other nations and those who are preaching the gospel and teaching new believers. Our emphasis on Biblical teaching and application to our own lives equips us to “make disciples” as Jesus commanded. Lives are transformed and these transformed lives in turn transform cultures and spread the good news. The Kingdom of God is established and the “gates of hell shall not prevail” (Mat 16:18).
Missionaries Supported by MCC
Millarville Community Church supports several families within the church family who are involved in missions work based locally at the Turner Valley YWAM as well as areas in South East Asia.
- InterAct Anchored Warriors (Aboriginal Youth of S. Alberta in Calgary)
- InterAct (Stoney Nation in Eden Valley)
- Medical Ambassadors Canada Association (MACA, Canada)
- Shan Project (Shan people of Burma in N. Thailand)
- Myanmar Adventure Outfitters (Shan State of Burma)
- Precept Ministries
- Compassion Canada (Child Survival Project)
- Immigration Support (refugee family)
- Oilfields Food Bank
- Teen Challenge – Alberta Men’s Centre